MCLEAN, Va., Aug. 8, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Today, REI Co-op, the largest consumer co-op and outdoor specialty retailer in the United States, and Capital One, introduced their card partnership and launched the new REI Co-op® Mastercard® program. This new program offers existing and new cardholders a compelling set of benefits and inspires members’ daily pursuit of a life outside by rewarding everyday purchases to support their outdoor adventures.
The new REI Co-op Mastercard, made of 85% recycled materials, offers benefits for REI members that recognize their passion for the outdoors, including:
- 5% back in REI Co-op Mastercard Rewards for purchases at REI, including on sale items, used gear, store services and REI gift cards
- 1.5% back in REI Co-op Mastercard Rewards on purchases everywhere else
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Card rewards that will not expire for the life of the account and members can redeem rewards as they earn them
- A welcome bonus offer of a $100 REI gift card for new cardholder accounts, after the first out of store purchase made within the first 60 days of opening the account
- A $50 REI Co-op annual statement credit when they use their card to book an REI Co-op Experience
- The ability to earn double card rewards on REI purchases during an annual special event period
- The ability to choose to display their preferred name on their card*
- Mastercard’s World Elite® exclusive offers on ridesharing, food delivery and online shopping; discounts on movie tickets and access to Priceless® Experiences; and peace of mind with protection from identity theft and fraudulent purchases.
Cardmembers will also receive 5% back in card rewards for donations made to the REI Cooperative Action Fund, a 501(c)(3) community-supported public charity that directly supports organizations promoting justice, equity and belonging in the outdoors. Capital One will also support the fund with an annual donation as a key pillar of the card partnership.